iPhone - is there any reason to think the converted videos won't work there?

Nov 25, 2007 at 7:16 AM
Hi, I've just obtained an iPhone and I'm still getting used to what it can/can't do for me. I'm not terribly up to speed on its what iPod functionality isn't yet supported on iPhone, so I'm sorry for the potentially dumb question.

If I ran your app to convert videos using the current default settings, would the resulting mp4 videos be playable on the iPhone?

Thanks for any indications (positive or negative) you can provide.
Dec 15, 2007 at 12:03 PM
Sorry for such a late reply, yes the default settings will convert to the format required for the iPhone.
Jan 3, 2008 at 3:04 AM
Hi. I came across your MCE to IPhone converter program a couple of weeks ago, and it works fantastically for me, with one small exception. The "Add File to iTunes" option doesn't work for me, and I have to add them manually from Itunes. Is this a feature that hasn't been added yet, or is there some chance i can get it working? I also use Videora to convert divx/xvid files to MP4 and that program successfully auto-adds movies to iTunes. Many thanks, and looking forward to an update! Happy New Year.
Jan 3, 2008 at 7:48 AM
The add to itunes code works fine on my installaiton. I am using verison 7.4.3.1, and it is the only version that I have tested. Even though it adds to iTunes (for me anyway), you still need to manually check which files are synced to the iPhone.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bruce
Jan 3, 2008 at 7:51 AM
I also use Videora to convert divx/xvid files to MP4 and that program successfully auto-adds movies to iTunes.

FYI I am using the same API calls that Videora's, AddFilesToITunes.exe does to add the file to iTunes.

Regards,

Bruce
Jan 3, 2008 at 9:59 AM
Hi Bruce,
I'm using iTunes 7.5.0.20. It's strange that MCE to iPod Converter doesn't auto-add the converted files to iTune's library, but Videora does. I should add that I also use DVD-Fab to rip DVDs and it auto-adds to iTunes also. I use the same folder for all destination files, i.e. E:\My Documents\DVDFab\ipod and the source files are located elsewhere. If you have any suggestions, I'd be grateful.